jetblue and i have had a lovely relationship, really. i guess you could technically call it "love at first flight". heh. but from the moment my eyes met with the free directv and i spent my flight chuckling at anthony bourdain and bad-mouthing house hunters couples, i knew we were going to make a great pair. then there was the time ol' JB saved half of our bachelorette gang with a red-eye flight to boston, complete with sleep masks and earplugs, after ANOTHER airline ::cough DELTA cough::: left us stranded in vegas, hungover and sleep-deprived.
so when jetblue announced they'd be offering an "all you can jet" pass, for unlimited u.s. travel between september 6 and october 7, 2010, for $699 ($499 if you scratch travel on fridays and sundays), i was naturally ecstatic. YES! drop everything and travel the states. sounds great! oohhhhh....except for that whole having to take work off for a month thing. but a girl can dream, no? so here's my dream jetsettin' itinerary if i DID do it:
1. take a surfing lesson in san diego
2. hike runyon canyon in L.A. (...then party like a celebrity, with celebrities)
3. stand on the golden gate bridge in san francisco
4. catch a fish at pike place market in seattle
5. eat a bacon-maple doughnut at voodoo doughnuts in portland
6. remember (and visit) the alamo in san antonio
7. wander sixth street in austin
8. see a show at the grand ole opry in nashville
9. go to a jazz bar in new orleans
10. tour the coca-cola factory and CNN studios in atlanta
11. see how money's made at the u.s. mint in denver
12. take a hot air balloon over the desert in phoenix
so, where would you go and what would you do in a month of non-stop jetting? spill it!