totally meant to do this like, in july, but oh well. umm ... it's almost the end of the year now, and i've only completed 13 (that's 32.5%) of my 40-item list. granted, some of them were pretty big items, but i just can't finish out 2014 with less than 50%. it's unacceptable.
here are the ones i've accomplished so far:
2. visit new orleans
6. finish my book proposal
it only took 2+ years! currently querying agents far and wide.
9. visit somewhere that's haunted
everything in new orleans is haunted, so ...
10. color my hair
decided on some red balayage highlights a few weeks ago, and i'm pretty happy with how they came out.
12. dine at 5 restaurants on the eater boston 38.
jm curley, hungry mother, highland kitchen, ten tables, and bergamot. boom!
14. watch a whole tv series that i've never seen before
watched all of HBO's "silicon valley" in a weekend.
15. take the jeopardy online test
this was like 6 months ago, so i doubt i made the cut.
19. do volunteer work
it took me a second to remember what i did, because it wasn't for charity or anything. i made grilled cheese sandwiches with roxy's grilled cheese at the boston calling music festival!
20. visit martha's vineyard
21. drink a "green smoothie"
only slightly ashamed to say that i've now had more than one. like, at least a handful in recent months. they just taste like juice!
23. write to a celebrity and receive a response (online or snail mail)
i think there was another twitter-related exchange that i can't remember, but i do know that i've been retweeted by both andrew wk and ludacris this year! woo.
28. buy a plant for my apartment (and don't kill it)
ok, so the flowers are gone, but the leaves are healthy as ever! it counts.
30. reconnect with an old friend or acquaintance
i got back in touch with my old coworker, kathleen, who actually helped me conquer most of the eater boston 38 restaurants.
here are the remaining items that i think i can knock off:
4. take a cooking class
7. learn enough french to get around (being optimistic here)
11. get business cards
13. make a collage
22. overcome my eyelash-curling phobia
24. see a non-musical play
25. say "yes" to something i want to say "no" to at first
26. make my own sushi
29. participate in a scavenger hunt
31. teach myself a dance routine via youtube tutorial
33. pack a picnic lunch and eat it on boston common
34. win at pub trivia (2nd place finish twice ... come on!)
35. go to an ice bar
36. make my own pizza
37. win money from a slot machine or scratch ticket
38. send christmas cards
39. go out to dinner by myself
...and these ones will be a stretch, pending some miracles and/or assistance and/or intense effort:
1. purchase a home
3. be in a music video
5. swim in an infinity pool
16. try air bnb
17. get something i wrote published on mcsweeney's
18. go to a state fair
27. crash a wedding
32. go sailing (or at least, on a sailboat)
40. watch 5 movies on the IMDB top 250 that i've never seen before