haven't done a survey like this in a dog's age! the lovely marg b. of sugarskull industries nominated me for this neat liebster award thang, which helps readers discover new blogs. i've answered 11 questions that she had for me, revealed 11 facts about myself, and then asked 11 questions of two of my favorite bloggers. fun!
11 questions from marg b.
1. Favorite ice cream flavor?
mint chocolate chip.
2. Do you mostly sleep on your side, your back, your stomach, or do you rotate all around?
stomach, with a lil' bit of side mixed in.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!! jk, they're nasty. can "boots and scarves" count as one thing? also, hot cider. sorry, i'm doing this wrong.
4. What is the last movie you saw?
if i stay. i cried and cried and cried. so much that at one point, my mom told me, "you need to stop" and i think it triggered a migraine. good movie though.
5. Where is the farthest you've traveled so far?
6. Are you crafty? If so, what do you like to do? If not, what would you like to be able to do?
hell naw. i wish! i'd love to be able to knit or crochet, so i can make massive doilies and stuff.
7. Any pets? Any pet you'd like to have someday?
nope. definitely want to have an american eskimo someday, though:
8. What tv shows are you watching right now?
umm, i watched the entire first season of silicon valley this past weekend ... super funny. if it can make me laugh out loud, i'm typically a fan.
9. Pick your poison; wine, beer, spirits, or tea?
i'm an equal opportunity drinker, but whiskey cocktails are my favorite.
take a vacation! or even just a day trip.
11. Favorite spot in your home or apartment?
definitely my living room:
11 facts about me
1. my favorite song of all time is "waterloo sunset" by the kinks (followed closely by "freedom '90" by george michael).
2. i'm adopted, so even though i grew up as an only child, i have nine biological half-siblings!
3. my biggest pet peeves: when someone doesn't say "thank you" when you hold the door for them, and when someone tries to make something more complicated than it is.
4. believe it or not, i've never seen harry potter, lord of the rings, the hunger games, twilight, or any of the star wars movies besides the original (which i went to see when they re-released it in 1997, and i fell asleep in the theater). i'm okay with it.
5. i'd estimate that i've seen close to 200 bands live. the tinnitus in my left ear can vouch for this.
6. meat is awesome, but i could totally be a pescetarian if i had to. salmon, tuna, crab, lobster, shrimp ... love it all.
7. my middle name is louise, my great-grandmother's name. i used to hate it, but i think it kinda suits me.
8. i once interrupted story time in elementary school to ask if it was lunchtime yet.
9. i totally believe in the law of attraction/"the secret" -- basically that like attracts like. and someone on TV just said "secret" as i typed "secret." #proof
10. my idea of happiness is sitting with a cup of coffee, a crossword puzzle, and a great playlist.
11. pretty sure that i'm a misplaced member of generation x rather than a "millenial." it would have been so awesome to be a teenager during the hair band craze, and in my 20s during the grunge era.
11 questions for my nominees
i'd like to nominate jennifer of one chicklette, and farah of la paradiddle! if you have a few minutes, it would be great to learn more about you ladies.
1. what was your first job?
2. is there a movie you can quote word-for-word? what is it?
3. what's been your favorite age, and why?
4. most attractive quality in the opposite sex?
5. how do you feel about oprah?
6. what destination is at the top of your travel wish list right now?
7. what's your sign/do you believe in astrology?
8. describe your perfect weekend.
9. bagel or english muffin?
10. what song would play during the opening scene in the movie about your life?
11. favorite amusement park ride?