Sunday, September 6, 2015

5 things i love right now

1. this stand-up comedian, sheng wang

sheng was robbed! incredible name aside, his super-smooth delivery and clever observations on this season's last comic standing stole my heart from the first set. neither he nor my other favorite, joe list, made it to the finals, and i'm pretty miffed about it.



2. this band, potty mouth

for some reason, i've been all about the kickass, shredding chick rock, and i don't hate it. i heard of these ladies from northampton, mass -- which is perhaps even more hipster than cambridge and somerville, solely because kim gordon from sonic youth lives there --  a long time ago. however, it was the release of their new self-titled EP that really grabbed my attention. this song in particular is my current jam:



3. THIS SHIRT




4. this instagram account, @thewaywemet

most of you guys have probably already seen it, but this collection of meet-cutes sometimes makes me feel #foreveralone, but mostly fills me with optimism and makes me go "awwww" out loud. this one's my favorite:


"I am from a small town in New Hampshire, but was at a conference in New York City about two and a half years ago. I have always been a fan of Maxfield Parrish who is a great painter. One of my favorite Maxfield Parrish paintings is called the "King Cole" and is in the King Cole bar at the St. Regis Hotel. There is never a time when I'm in the city that I don't go in there just to take a photo and admire the painting. I wandered in one late afternoon and started to take a photo with my iPhone. A very nice gentleman walked into the bar on his way to see his barber who's salon is in the basement at the St. Regis. He asked me what I was doing, as most people go to a bar to have a drink, and I was clearly there on a mission. We ended up talking for at least 4 hours. I am 54 years old, divorced, and never thought I would marry again. He, at the age of 65, had NEVER been married and accepted that he probably never would. We are getting married this summer in Newport, Rhode Island amongst all of our very surprised and happy friends. All because of a painting."
A photo posted by @thewaywemet on




5. this amazing dance group from america's got talent, siro-a

ALSO ROBBED! just watch.




No comments:

Post a Comment